Butyl rubber is a synthetic rubber generally used for applications requiring an air tight seal such as roofing. RH Nuttall Limited produce butyl washers, butyl gaskets, butyl seals, butyl strip and butyl sheet from butyl rubber for a variety of different industrial sectors.
- Very good weathering properties.
- Low gas and moisture permeability.
- Good with ozone, ultra violet light, and high and low temperature prevail.
- High resistance to tear, flexing, shock absorption, heat aging, and chemical attack.
- Not suitable for applications requiring resistance to petrol or lubricating oils.
Working/Operating Temperature Range
Minimum (˚C) -45
Maximum (˚C) +130
General Property/Application Guide
|Impermeable to Gases||Outstanding|
|PROPERTIES – Dependant on Grade|
|Hardness (IRHD)||60 > 80°|
|Tensile Strength (MPa)||4 > 10|