Polyurethane is any polymer consisting of a chain of organic units joined together by urethane links. RH Nuttall Limited manufacture and supply a range of polyurethane washers and polyurethane gaskets in all grades and hardnesses of polyurethane for various different applications. Predominantly used in applications where high abrasion resistance is required, our polyurethane washers and polyurethane gaskets offer a reliable solution for medium pressure load wear.
Available in various colours as well as different hardnesses. Polyurethane has a low density and therefore equips itself to competing with more expensive metal components. We supply washers and gaskets into the structural industry, excelling in low weight applications. It also outperforms many other rigid plastics.
RH Nuttall Limited are able to offer polyurethane washers, gaskets, seals, and strip in a various colours including natural and blue. Adhesive backing can be applied to one or both sides of any polycarbonate component we produce.
- High Abrasion Resistance – Polyurethane is often used by customers of RH Nuttall Limited for various construction parts as a substitute for metal under low pressure loads.
- Good Chemical Resistance – Polyurethane has a good resistance to most dilute acids, alkalies, and oils.
- Good Appearance – Polyurethane leaves washers and gaskets with a smooth, burr free finish which is important in visual applications.
- Low Water Absorption – Polyurethane has a low water absorption rate of 0.1% and therefore constant submersion in water will not adversely affect it.
- Excellent Fatigue Resistance – Good dimensional stability and good resistance to stress cracking.
Ask a member of our sales team for more information on our range of polyurethane washers, gaskets, seals, or strips. Data sheets can be supplied free of charge upon request.
Please note that information supplied by RH Nuttall Limited is given to the best of their knowledge, and should be for guidance purposes only. Data supplied is dependent on a specific application and is ultimately the customer’s own decision. Information supplied will vary between different grades of Polyurethane.